Friday, August 19, 2005

be still

Being around all these freshmen brings back memories of Freshman year and the blur that was my life as I remember it. Parents leaving me in this unknown land. Man I am so glad that time of my life is over with. Of course it wasn't all bad, but why is it that our brains often tend to more vividly remember pain? Or maybe that's my brain? Is it different with different people? Like the whole glass half empty or half full thing? Perhaps.
Oh these bright eyed and bushy tailed freshmen. Eyes wide open, radar up, "Oooo I wonder if that could be my future girlfriend/boyfriend?? Husband? Wife??". Every open floor turns into a huge event where one group tries to impress those of the opposite sex. They get dressed up for all meals and study in the Stupe where no one can truly focus on getting any work done. And yet you gotta love it. It's life! People felt that way about us when we arrived here but that didn't stop us did it? Just because an experience has already been had by some people doesn't mean that it is over and done with and no one else will ever has that experience. That's good. And people move on,but there is always someone there to take the place that they left empty.
So Raashon is quite enthusiastic about me trying this hip hop thing and sort of becoming the next Miri Ben Ari. The next Hip Hop Violinist. We'll see how that turns out now won't we. Ooooh the possibilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home