Wednesday, May 30, 2007

sand and sun

well. today at school the guys played soccer after second interval. The sun is alway shining very brightly and in a most inconvenient direction for those of us watching the game..These kids are pretty good soccer players. They keep the dirty playiing down to a minimum and usually leave the field with few injuries. Today my attention drifted past the game and onto this terrifyingly high playgroud aparatus where the smaller boys were playing. I was watching two of the boys on the ground who were wrestling, at least that's what they call it. It looks painful to me... I was concerned they'd mortally wound eachother! But I was stifling my motherly tendencies quite well. Then I noticed things change and the boys weren't playing anymore, the fighting was a little more, ah, intense...so I made my way across the sandy soccer field(the game was over) and got to the boys just in time to see one get smacked acrss the face and the other get kicked. Then they tackled eachother and went crashing to the ground, one of them in tears. When they got up I had to hold one of them back from trying to annihilate the other. They were a bit shorter thanme but it was still surprisingly hard! Thankfully sir Michael came to my rescue but not before one boy had fiercely kicked the other one...Youknow. I think boys handly ager in a much more satisfying way than girls do. They just have at it and then a day later they're friends again, bruises and all. But girls are brutal! Ugh! I'd take teaching boys over girls any day. The girls scare me I'm not gonna lie...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home