Sunday, November 05, 2006

I appreciate you

Appreciation weekend is a beautiful thing. I can't describe how beautiful it is. I have never experienced anything like it before. I was a tough bouncer at Brotha's appreciation, got to check the list and be big bad Heather...hmmmm, yes that's me. I was very scary. Ask Rob.
Sista's appreciation was wonderful. Kinda like a dream. We have got some great brotha's here. Too bad it's taken us four years to get this all together.But I am so glad I was here to experience it!
(I'll remember this forever. Lift Every Voice. Ain't No Mountain. Baiette. Jabulani Africa (you better get it Cory Dennie!). Trying to take a group picture without Cedric needing to "say a few words". Little Mama's Crystal, Erin and Heather keepin their eyes peeled for "covenant breaking activity". Josh and his "poem" which he "committed to memory", complete with "dramatic pauses".Hot Seat "all I know is when I get home my plate better be on the table" (Cory might be the only one afraid to leave his room this morning). Most romantic thing you've ever done (Ian and his flower petals). Rob's beautiful spoken piece dedicated to his sistas. Made me tear up... Will:"I know appreciation weekend is supposed to be non-romantic, but when I see all these beautiful black women, I can't help it!" Cory: "I know!!". Will it meant so much for you to sing to us. Someday you'll be famous and we can say we knew you when.(and then there were three...sad day) John your rendition of ordinary people was to die for, you made your sista's proud! And yes, I will sing along with you whenever I know the words! All you guys, thankyou for your words about what makes a beautiful Black woman. You are great brotha's and we appreciate you!)

1 Comments:

Blogger dizzle said...

Hi Heather! yeah, its dizzle when it comes to this blogging thing... cant let people know my identity just yet. Like i told 2 people that i was doing this..next thing i know i got people textin me saying yo man that was a god blog. haha. But yeah, rambo is chubby as ever, scott had a mohawk for a day (with my cajoling) but then got rid of it (hes bald!!!), jen is...well i dont know exaclty how she is but shes probably good. Tuesday nights sorta fell apart...but Tuesday Knights are plannin a huge thangsgivin break recording session. And thats awesome about you winning the string division thing!!! Im def down with hearing it someday! Ok dizzle's gotta go...i have a cold or something so i drank this theraflu stuff and im like dizzy right now!
Roman
i mean dizzle
man, thanksgiving is gonna be great! you and johnny and others coming back! itll be like summer again! except cold. stupid cold.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home