Monday, May 28, 2007

Another day in Cape Town

After a breathtaking weekend at the waterfront and then at then at the beach, today I was back at C.G.Williams school with the crazy kids I'm getting to know better and better. Today wasn't so bad. The grad 6's are quite good generally, especially when the ringleader isn't there (I think he was suspended...). Sir Michael and Mem Wendy are as great as ever, and today I got my "baby-fix" because Sonja was in the office and she brought her baby. I got to play babysitter after the grade 6 English class was through. It was nice. Oh and Sir Michael gave me a book to read about the state Africa is in and why. I am going to force myself to focus and read it because I'd really like to know more about this continent.
On Sunday we went to another new church and I took my violin because I didn't know if they'd want me to play. I had finally completely relaxed because it was the end of the service and no one had even acknowedged the fact that I had brough an instrument...at least that's what I though...I thought I was "off the hook" but I was wrong. I played Tis So Sweet and gave a short sort of encouragement/testimony off the top of my head. I'm getting pretty good at doing things off the cuff these days...:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home