Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dakar, Senegal "I have no idea what time or even what day it is..."

It's dark and all I can see of Senegal are the shadows and lights from the airport. I'm in AFRICA!! I think it's atarting to hit me. I am actually here! While I was on the Metro train in Paris we met a man with very dark skin and a scar on his face who said he was from Senegal. He spoke 7 languages. Anyway. That was a tangent but it was the first thing I thought of when I hear Senegal. The flight from JFK to Johannesburg stops in Senegal to drop off and pick up passengers. The stop is about half way through the 18 hour flight and the people going to Joburg have to just sit on the plane for an hour. Aaaak! They just turned off the lights! I guess I'll write more later...
Ok the lights are back on now.Wow I could see Senegal as we took off! The sun is rising so there's a little bit of hazy grey light. The ground is sandy and turfy and the buildings are all cube shaped in various sizes. The lanscape was very different from anything I've ever seen before. Oh wow! I can see the coast vaguely! HUGE white foaming waves!
"We invite you to relax and wnjoy our hospitality". So far South African airlines has been great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home