Sunday, November 06, 2005

I will

If you tell me to go, I'm gonna tell you I will, cause I love you that much. If you tell me to stay and be still I will, cause I love you that much.~mary mary/"love you that much"

If you asked me to put it all down, to walk away from it and to step into something you have for me, I could do it. I would do it. I would cast it all away, all the years, all the work, in exchange for being filled with the Holy Spirit. I would do it. I could do it. I'd need only your firm urging, your steady direction, your strength, and I'd make the move. It's scary, like a little kid jumping off a high wall into their Dad's arms. Scary and exciting. You know Daddy won't drop you. You know he wouldn't tell you to jump if he wasn't sure he'd catch you. You're still a little scared, still a little nervous, but in your deepest places you know without a doubt that you'll be fine. You'll be better than fine, because there's no better place to be than in your Father's arms, right? Yeah I think that's right.

2 Comments:

Blogger pleath said...

Jandra can you ever find it in your heart to forgive me?? I'll teach you another sooooong!

10:10 PM  
Blogger John said...

il teach your face a song

check ur inbox

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home